Going online is not as easy as it sounds – there are many things you have to think about and to look out for. Some helpful pointers to keep in mind when making your website are given below:
• Make it aesthetically pleasing – what sites do you spend a longer time on? The ones which have the best web design – that is, those websites that are capable of pleasing your eyes. What we mean under this is very simple: make a website that has brilliant design and is neither overly simply nor impossibly complex. You have to think about how you design the site overall and what colour palettes you decide to use, for example.
• Add a search engine – a very important part of an ecommerce website design is making sure to add a search engine – in plain sight. Not only do some websites add search engines which you can’t locate even after minutes of looking around the site, some entirely forget to add a search engine even. Your purpose in coming online was to sell products – so make sure that your customers can navigate through your website, and find what they are looking for.
• Use photographs and pictures of high quality – this is another big mistake that can be seen in the websites of smaller businesses. Of course, pictures and photographs are aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, as well as are capable of conveying information that words can’t easily describe. However, both these two points get ruined if the images you use are of a low quality – pixelated images look awful and they detract a lot from the overall look of your website. If you are interested about corporate identity branding you can visit this site http://www.efusiontech.com/corporate-identity-design.html.
• Add a shopping cart – Another obvious thing you need to follow up on when creating a website for your online store is to add the shopping cart function. The use of shopping carts lies not only in the fact that they let customers make multiple purchases at once, but also in the fact that they allow the customer to keep track of what they have planned to buy. Keeping in mind this very last point then, should become clear another point – the shopping cart should be visible and easily reachable to your customer when navigating through your website. Try to incorporate a space for the shopping cart in every page of your website, if possible.
• Make your contact information clear and visible – make sure to add the contact information of your store – this includes the name of the store, the hotlines, the fax numbers, the e-mail addresses, the social media webpage links and the store’s physical address. Despite the fact that you’re using an online site to make sales, it is nonetheless important to also add a physical address, so that the customers know where your store is located at.